ManyBabies (MB) is a collaborative project for replication and best practices in developmental psychology research. Our goal is to bring researchers together to address difficult outstanding theoretical and methodological questions about the nature of early development and how it is studied.
- About ManyBabies (principles, roles & responsibilities, etc.)
- People & Contributor Dashboard
- Resources (calendar, publications, data validator, OSF, github, etc.)
- Events (workshops, webinars, etc.)
- News and Updates (newletters, publication news, etc.)
- Get Involved (all are welcome, access to an infant lab is not required!)
- Support ManyBabies (make a tax-deductible donation to support our work!)
The broader goals of ManyBabies come together in a set of collaborative projects. They are organized in main projects (either empirical or methodological), spin-off projects, and secondary analyses. Check out our main projects, together with their affiliated spin-off projects and secondary analyses:
MB2: Theory of MindDo infants show anticipatory looking that reflects the false belief of another agent?
Spin-offs: MB2P, MB-ManyWebcams
MB3: Rule LearningDo infants learn and generalize identity-based rules from speech stimuli?
Spin-offs: MB3N, MB3L, MB3T
MB3N: Rule Learning with NIRSWhat are the neural correlates that inform whether and to what extent rules’ processing and learning are abstract, rule-based, and/or language specific?
MB4: Social EvaluationDo infants prefer agents who are seen to help over those who are seen to hinder?
Spin-offs: MB4E, MB4I
MB5: The Hunter & Ames Model of Infant Looking PreferencesWhat factors shape infants’ preferences for familiar and novel stimuli?
MB6: Neonatal and Early ImitationWhat is the nature of neonatal infants' imitation of gestures?
MB-AtHome: Online Infant Data CollectionSolutions for testing infants in their home, with a focus on measuring looks
Studies: Looking-While-Listening, Visual Preference